Engineering Building, 3310 UAA Drive, 2nd Floor, A219
Mailing Address: 3211 Providence Drive, ENGR 227C, Anchorage, AK 99508
UAA Campus Map
Engineering Building Map
General Information on Labs - Facilities
Linux Server: transformer.uaa.alaska.edu running Ubnutu 12.04 LTS, xrdp and ssh services connected to a dual homed with Cisco RV082 Router for private lab network.
A219 Computer Prototype Assembly Lab - Access Request Form
Student Research Project Details
- Collaboration with CU-Boulder on FreeRTOS, running on this board with this ARM SoC, and development of USB camera drivers for Computer Vision.
- Collaboration with CU-Boulder on Computational Photometer, a small Altera DE0 or DE0 Nano interface with a custom shield board using the TI-Decoder for 3D Binocular analog CCTV cameras and FTDI USB host interface, specifically this one to uplink to systems like the Beagle xM or Raspberry Pi. The goal is a custom board with TI-Decoder, CPLD, and FTDI for a smart analog camera interface for less than $200 cost. The board can also interface to the lab equipped DE2i boards provided by Intel Corporation.
- New projects?
A219 Lab Hardware Platform List
A219 Lab Test Equipment List
- Transformer Nehalem Xeon E5504 Quad-Core Server running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with two Tesla GP-GPU
- Many-Core Co-Processor: Intel Xeon Phi Info, Xeon Phi OpenCL for Linux, OpenCL for Xeon Phi, Performance Measurement, Xeon Phi on Ubuntu, More on Xeon Phi on Ubuntu
- Mobile Hybrid FPGA Board: Terasic DE2i Info, Cornell Summary of DE2i, Cornell Cup using DE2i
- Hybrid FPGA Co-Processor: Terasic DE4 Info
- Mobile: Beagle xM used in A219 Lab, with Logitech C200 Camera, running Ubuntu or Angstrom Linux - TI OMAP3 ARM Coretex A8 SoC, Beagle Org
- Off-the-Shelf Test Cameras and Frame Grabbers: Numerous CCTV NTSC Analog using Hauppauge (Bt878) Decoder or TI TVP5147EVM Decoder, Logitech C200, Leopard LI-LBCM3M1, Foxtech PAL Camera, Simple USB Wireless-N.
- OTS Test Systems:NEW Beagle Bone Black, Broadcomm SoC ARM-11 Raspberry Pi, Gumstix Overo® FireSTORM COM, NVIDIA Jetson TK1
- RPI: Camera Board, EEWeb RPi Article, and Wolf Donat's Book on it
- Test Camera Sources: Sony XCLC30 CameraLink High Speed (130 fps), Creative Interactive Camera, Intel Perceptual Computing SDK, Raytrix Research Light Field Cameras, Lytro Consumer Light Field Camera, Tetracam Multi-spectral, Pixelteq, HySpexVerde, Specim, Surface Optics, AISA, Canon 5D Modified, JAI TIR Cameras, IDT Vision, Axray IR Cameras, Xenics NIR, Point Grey, Sony GiGE Vision, Machine Vision Store, Basler Camera.
- 3D Test Cameras: Overview of 3D Camcorders, JVC 3D HD.
- Structured Light Projection and RGB-D Cameras with Depth-Mapping: TI DLP Structured Light Projector, ASUS Xtion Pro, PrimeSense.
A219 Software of Interest List
- Agilent 16801A Logic Analyzer (on loan from EE)
- Agilent 6012A MSO (on loan from EE)
- Agilent 34410A DMM (on loan from EE)
- Agilent E3631A Triple Output Power Supply (on loan from EE)
- Corsair AX1200i, Accuracy, Clamp Meter alternative.
- To be acquired: Intronix Logicport, 34 channel, 500MhZ Analyzer(s)
- To be acquired: Total Phase I2C Analyzer
- To be acquired: Total Phase USB2.0 Analyzer
CV and MV Smart Cameras
- OMAP Angstrom Linux
- Ubuntu Linux
- Point Cloud Library (PCL)
- OpenCV (Computer Vision)
CameraLink and Analog Video Frame Grabbers
- Matrox Smart Camera
- NI Vision and Smart Cameras
- Adlink Smart Camera
- Discontinued XIMEA Smart Camera
Beagle and TI-OMAP Power Resources
- Hauppauge Analog to USB, Legacy PCI Cards - WinTV Go, replaced by current Analog Capture Card ImpactVCB
- National Instruments Frame Grabbers
- Matrox Frame Grabbers
Power Aware Computing and Applications Resources
- Battery Junction
- Intel Power Aware
- Intel Power Aware Atom, Atom LEAP, Atom LEAP at 2011 Embedded Symposium
- Windows Power Aware API, MS Research
- Digital ATX PSU for Efficiency Monitoring, YouTube Video on Corsair