Sam Siewert's Home Page at UA-Anchorage (2012-14)
Mailing Address after 6/27/14:
Department of Electrical, Computer, and Software Engineering
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
Office 145, King Building
3700 Willow Creek Rd, Prescott, AZ 86301
Phone: 907-786-6756 (Until 6/27/14)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
SkypeID: sam.siewert, Google+ID: samuel.siewert
Engineering A219 - Computer Prototype Assembly Lab Manager (2012-2014)
School of Engineering Advising
UAA Faculty Website
CU Personal Webpage
UAA Campus Map
Engineering Building Map
CS&E 2013/14 Curriculum Changes
UAonline (e.g. for pre-req over-rides)
IEEE Alaska Section
AIAA Pacific Northwest Section
What's all the excitement about Big Data analytics?: Fast and Slow Thinking and TED Talks by Daniel Kahneman, and Experience to Memory,
Big Data Introduction, Raw Data is an Oxymoron, Intel ISTC for Big Data and Cloud Data-Centric Computing provides a tie
into the Cloud. More: IBM on Big Data, Intel on Big Data, Google on Big Data.
For programming language alternatives to C/C++, Java, MATLAB, Python, and ASM, check out: Go, Halide, R, and Processing.
Thinking of graduate school? For CE graduate school statistics see CRA for Students.
For a list of CE research and industry opportunity, see the CPAL Research and Opportunity Resources Page.
Summer Office Hours by Appointment (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
UAA Classes Previously Taught in Spring 2013
A331 - Programming Languages
A485 - Computer and Machine Vision
A102 - Introduction to Computer Systems
Final Exam Time/Day Finder
UAA Classes Previously Taught 2012-13
- A320 - Operating Systems Engineering
- A490 - Digital Media and Interactive Systems
- A215 - Object Oriented Programming for Engineers, Class Resources.
- A335 - Operating Systems Engineering, Class Resources.
- A225 - Assembly Language Programming for Engineers, Class Resources.
- A490 - Machine Vision and Computer Graphics, Class Resources, now replaced by new courses:A385 - Computer Graphics - TBA and Computer and Machine Vision
CU-Boulder Graduate Classes to Be Taught in 2014 via CAETE Distance Learning
ECEN 5623/4623 - Real-Time Embedded Systems (Library Only, No Lecture), CAETE Registration Page
ECEN 4653/5653 Real-Time Digital Media (Library Only, No Lecture), CAETE Regisetration Page
Link to Linux DVD ISOs for Images used in Class & Labs
Total Phase Analyzers/Generators
On-line Education and Training Links
- Udacity - University Courses
- Coursera - University Curriculum
- Code Academy - Programming Language on-line education
- MIT Open Courseware - University Curriculum
- Khan Academy - Training
- Udemy - Training
Pearson MyLab Instructor Login